Skip to main content

Where am I? the mystery city

Hi, everyone. I know that the first mystery city was no challenge for you. Let's see how you get by with the next city I've chosen. By the way, from now on, you are going to choose the mystery cities that I'll post in my blog. Whoever is the first to guess will be in charge of choosing the next mystery city and writing the clues on the comments section. You just have to send me the photo by email and I'll post it, what do you think?

Now, our second mystery city is...


Clue 1. It's the biggest city in its country.

Game on!

Comments

  1. Hi Laura!

    I'm not one of your "English students"...by the way, Can I participate in it?

    AUKLAND (NEW ZEALAND)

    Auckland is New Zealand's largest city. Uniquely set between two harbours, amongst 11 extinct volcanoes and numerous islands in the Hauraki Gulf... It's well known as... "City of Sails".


    Manoli (Fernández Martín)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Manoli. You are really good at this. So, you are supposed to choose the next mystery city. Send me the photo by email and I'll post it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura!
    I have an idea about the next mystery city... but, How can I send you a photo? I haven't got your e-mail address...
    Manoli

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right. Why don't you send me a message with your email address to the school's email address (you can find it on the school's website). Just point out that the message is for me and they'll send it to me. Then, I'll get in touch with you. By the way, how are your classmates? Tell them I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura!
    I already send you my email address and I'll tell you about my classmates... Good news!
    Kisses from all of them.
    Manoli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SMART GOAL SETTING AND LANGUAGE LEARNING HABITS

Why learning a language is a daily commitment. 7 ways to develop good habits in language learning. How to set SMART goals in language learning . 7 Ways to Develop Good Language Learning Habits from Transparent Language, Inc. Top ten reasons to learn a language. Fawlty Towers  (tv series). Top ten Fawlty Towers moments (watchmojo.com video) Hilarious!!!

TODAY IS ... REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY

Remembrance Day in the UK Remembrance Sunday: veterans march past the Cenotaph in memory of the fallen and defiance of terror (The Telegraph) Events to remember servicemen and women who died in conflict VIDEO   (BBC News) When is Remembrance Sunday 2016? Why do we wear poppies to remember war dead? (Sunday Express) British War Poets      Wilfred Owen: Dulce Et Decorum Est Top ten war poems (The Guardian) Remembrance Sunday READING EXERCISE

HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

History of the English Language Roman Britain Roman Britain timeline History of English podcast Online etymology dictionary The History of English in 10 minutes (with English subtitles): HORRIBLE HISTORIES videos. Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated history books and a British children's sketch comedy television series that shows you the sides of histoy they don't teach at school. The names for the different historical periods are Ruthless Romans, Smashing Saxons, Stormin' Normans, Terrible Tudors, Vicious Vikings, and so on. You'll find yourself laughing into stitches!!! Horrible Histories: The Anglo-Saxon report Horrible Histories: Anglo-Saxon language Horrible Histories: Historical Masterchef Saxons Horrible Histories: Words we get from the Vikings Horrible Histories: The Viking song Horrible Histories: Normonolopy Horrible Histories: The Roman invasion of Britain report