Skip to main content

ELLIPSIS PRACTICE

Exercise 1

Exercise 2


Listening and grammar (here you can listen to speeches from important political figures)



Nelson Mandela Day, Madrid 2010
Nelson Mandela Day was first celebrated in New York in 2009. The second Nelson Mandela Day will be celebrated in Madrid on 18th July, 2010. Throughout the month Madrilians will enjoy the performances of different artists who also think that changing the world is 'in our hands'. If you want to know more about this special celebration, click here or here. Also you can find information in Cadena 100.
If you haven't seen Invictus yet, now it's probably a very good moment. Reading the book by John Carlin, which the film is based on is also a great option.

Reviews:
In spite of Mandela's legacy, problems still arise in South Africa what some claim is threatening this year's Football World Cup which will be held in Mandela's country:


Comments

  1. Hi ! I have mentioned your blog on my own one (http://colonialnuggets.wordpress.com/) because I think it is worth visiting.
    This is part of an initiative called “Vale a pena ficar de olho nesse blog” (“It’s worth keeping an eye on that blog”). The chosen blog has to embed the prize picture with a link to the blog she/he has received the prize from, and write ten more links to the blogs which he/she thinks are well worth a visit.
    Thanks for your interesting blog!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ángel. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. I think yours is well worth a visit too. I was really surprised when I received your comment and the award, I didn't even know there was such an award but I think it's an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Natalia and I from Fuenlabrada (Madrid). I have done some exercises of your web site and I think that It's good! I have done the ellipsis exercise and It's interesting!
    Good bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Natalia. Thanks a lot. I'm really happy you like my blog. I'm very grateful to your teacher and all the students for your wonderful comments. You know what? My own students visit the blog a lot (or so they say) but rarely do they write comments so now I'm so excited about all the comments I'm getting from Fuenlabrada. Thank you deep down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SMART GOAL SETTING AND LANGUAGE LEARNING HABITS

Why learning a language is a daily commitment. 7 ways to develop good habits in language learning. How to set SMART goals in language learning . 7 Ways to Develop Good Language Learning Habits from Transparent Language, Inc. Top ten reasons to learn a language. Fawlty Towers  (tv series). Top ten Fawlty Towers moments (watchmojo.com video) Hilarious!!!

HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

History of the English Language Roman Britain Roman Britain timeline History of English podcast Online etymology dictionary The History of English in 10 minutes (with English subtitles): HORRIBLE HISTORIES videos. Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated history books and a British children's sketch comedy television series that shows you the sides of histoy they don't teach at school. The names for the different historical periods are Ruthless Romans, Smashing Saxons, Stormin' Normans, Terrible Tudors, Vicious Vikings, and so on. You'll find yourself laughing into stitches!!! Horrible Histories: The Anglo-Saxon report Horrible Histories: Anglo-Saxon language Horrible Histories: Historical Masterchef Saxons Horrible Histories: Words we get from the Vikings Horrible Histories: The Viking song Horrible Histories: Normonolopy Horrible Histories: The Roman invasion of Britain report

LAST-MINUTE RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR C1 ENGLISH TESTS

Are you only days away from taking a B2/C1 English test? These links, tips and resources might help you make the most of your last-minute revision time: Last-minute resources and tips for C1 English tests