Skip to main content

TREME

Let me tell you about the brilliant TV show I'm hooked on (please, do notice the use of the relative clause in the previous sentence: the brilliant TV show that/which I'm hooked on or the brilliant TV show on which I'm hooked): TREME.

TREME, set in post-katrina New Orleans, is one of the best TV shows ever. If you are not already a fan, I strongly recommend it.

If you want to know more:
The New Yorker on Treme
San Francisco Gate on Treme
Treme explained (nola.com) NOLA means New Orleans, Lousiana.
If music is what you like. here you can listen to songs from Treme.

Please, do not forget to take a glance at the local press for Mardi Gras 2014!! News, videos and more. You can even check a live webcam here! I can see all the throws hanging from the street cable.

I know, I know, you are thinking that after watching some of the scenes from Treme in class this morning, it would be a major feat on your part to be able to cope with this show. Don't you worry, your teacher to the rescue: Treme scripts (and many more, just write the name of the TV show you want to search and there it is! TV Show Episode Scripts website.




One more favour. I would be really grateful if you could recommend tv shows you like. Sometimes, you only get to know tv series by word of mouth. In this case, by word of blog;) Please, do comment on your favourite tv shows.

For last year's post on Fat Tuesday, click here (Pancake Day 2013)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SMART GOAL SETTING AND LANGUAGE LEARNING HABITS

Why learning a language is a daily commitment. 7 ways to develop good habits in language learning. How to set SMART goals in language learning . 7 Ways to Develop Good Language Learning Habits from Transparent Language, Inc. Top ten reasons to learn a language. Fawlty Towers  (tv series). Top ten Fawlty Towers moments (watchmojo.com video) Hilarious!!!

HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

History of the English Language Roman Britain Roman Britain timeline History of English podcast Online etymology dictionary The History of English in 10 minutes (with English subtitles): HORRIBLE HISTORIES videos. Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated history books and a British children's sketch comedy television series that shows you the sides of histoy they don't teach at school. The names for the different historical periods are Ruthless Romans, Smashing Saxons, Stormin' Normans, Terrible Tudors, Vicious Vikings, and so on. You'll find yourself laughing into stitches!!! Horrible Histories: The Anglo-Saxon report Horrible Histories: Anglo-Saxon language Horrible Histories: Historical Masterchef Saxons Horrible Histories: Words we get from the Vikings Horrible Histories: The Viking song Horrible Histories: Normonolopy Horrible Histories: The Roman invasion of Britain report

LAST-MINUTE RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR C1 ENGLISH TESTS

Are you only days away from taking a B2/C1 English test? These links, tips and resources might help you make the most of your last-minute revision time: Last-minute resources and tips for C1 English tests